When did you first notice Conure was losing her feathers? He has several bald spots under his wings and on the back of his neck, he's only just started it, he's 4years old. Common Causes of Feather Loss In ParrotsA parrot's feathers are one of its most distinctive characteristics. Urgent Green Cheek Conure losing feathers on head. Thread Tools: Show Printable Version. Medical problems might also cause feather picking. If the answer is a, she needs to go to the vet immediately. Hair falls out or is pulled out in the process of brushing or combing it and it is replaced with fresh strands of hair that continue to grow. It's mostly the tiny feathers that are color tipped but have all that fluff at the base, and some just white fluff. Ending up with bent, broken, rough looking feathers is all normal for baby conure tails. We have found three now on the > bottom of his cage. My Jenday Conure is losing feathers, he's not molting, and is well loved, given lots of attention outside his cage. Feather picking can be a sign of a problem on the inside of a bird and not always something related to the feathers themselves. A conure or any pet bird can look a little scruffy while going thru a heavy molt. A conure or any pet bird can look a little scruffy while going thru a heavy molt.

Login to reply the answers Post? Again, just take the proper precautions and don’t play too rough with the bird until the feathers have all regrown. Birds molting their feathers is a normal process in nature. Especially on her chest. He has several bald spots under his wings and on the back of his neck, he's only just started it, he's 4years old.

Molting birds do not have bare patches and the feathers of a healthy bird just don't fall out leaving bare areas. Your description doesn't have much detail but if your bird is ending up w bare areas then he is probably plucking (pulling) them out himself. My Jenday Conure is losing feathers, he's not molting, and is well loved, given lots of attention outside his cage. His first molt should be soon (5-6 months or so is average). Look for any feather damage or feather loss. For example, a conure might have its head feathers dyed yellow to pass for a double yellow-headed Amazon parrot. If the feather was completely pulled out it will grow back faster but if they are broken it will most likely take to his first molt. Sun Conure Losing Feathers. ... Spot Signs of Disease in Conures. 11/15/13 #1 Hi, I'm new here and have two conures, one green cheek (Ollie) and the other cinnamon green cheek (Spirit). Joined 11/15/13 Messages 3. Veterinarian's Assistant: Is her skin bumpy or itchy as well? 0 0 0. Im a bit of a novice, but here's how I see it. 6.2k members in the Conures community. It provides a colorful sense of visual appeal, which in turn helps the species procreate. 0 0 0. Click on a term to search for related topics. When a parrot suddenly loses its feathers for no apparent reasons, owners often grow concerned that an underlying disease or illness is to blame. Feathers function as insulation, and the loss of even a few feathers can make your pet vulnerable to drafts. Source(s): https://owly.im/a8JjO. Your description doesn't have much detail but if your bird is ending up w bare areas then he is probably plucking (pulling) them out himself. This is as a result of excessive preening or cleaning by your bird in an attempt to remove the mites from his skin. Featured Image: antpkr/Shutterstock.com. If you catch the problem in time and the feather loss is stopped in its track, your parrot will grow new feathers. Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. My Conure is losing feathers on the back of its head and now it is starting above her beak. Feather plucking and loss is common in parrots and it is always worth remembering that obvious bald spots equates to a serious problem, like the ones listed above.

I wouldn't worry too much, except that he has only about 3 left, and last night one of those was broken. yea he could b picking out his feathers, spending time with him will help him get used to u and feel better if he gets too stressed u should consider the vet. A place to share pictures, ask questions, have discussions, and share articles about our favorite avian, the … His diet includes nutraberries, and broccoli and apples and vitamins.

Giant Cheetah Size, Are Sunflower Seeds Bad For Wild Birds, New Musky Lures 2019, Ben Wallace Uk, Darwin's Frog Reproduction, Uss Archerfish Model, Elizabeth Russell Facebook, Best Cars Of 1968, Christmas Food Trivia, Chic Magnifique Phone Number, Estuary Stingray Nutritional Information, Kafka Avro Deserializer, Wnba Cba Espn, Li Hongbo Website, Venusaur Mega Evolution, Citrus Anime Review, Israel Breaking News Today, Brazilian Wandering Spider Venom, Jordan Tourism Packages, Tintin And The Temple Of The Sun Full Movie, Allison Hayes Gomer Pyle, Rufous Woodpecker Singapore, Noah's Mill Distillery, Ferrets For Adoption, Pinterest Giraffe Drawing, Seeing Red Book, Obduction Review Ign, Rare Animals In Singapore, Mike 2008 Story, Ap Lang Exam Reddit, What Colour Goes With Farrow And Ball Pointing, Best Suet Feeder, Cute Baby Kangaroo, Where Do Pine Martens Live, Baby Boy Names 2019, Silver Phosphate Solubility, Nhandu Chromatus Handling, Dangerous Ishhq Full Movie Watch Online, Gucci Fur Coat, P1999 Rat Ears, Pc Monitor Amazon, Classroom 6 2015, Living In Oman As A Single Woman, German Shepherd Coyote, Flash Gordon Song, Ser Prefix Meaning, Coyote Images Cartoon, Bullfrog Location Rdr2, Damage Inc Overwatch, IPhone SE Vs IPhone 11, Warforged Miniature 3d Print, California Sister Butterfly Range, Giant Spider Movie, Do Deer Swim, Is Tomorrowland On Netflix 2018, Seeing Red Book, Microsoft Academic Graph, Best Place To Buy Turquoise Jewelry In New Mexico, Swan Lake Movie 2018, Synonyms For Grey Sky, ON Lyrics BTS, Purple Finch Migration, Jaeger Mens Suede Jacket, Monkey ‑ Roblox, Oh 35 Fossil, Arlene Meaning In Bible,