Just thought you might be interested, “dinlo”is a romany (gypsy) word meaning a fool or these days, a twat,etc.Kushti bok me chavvies! In Portsmouth "moosh" is a very common local word, but I've never heard it used anywhere else.
7. Portsmouth definition: a port in S England, in Portsmouth unitary authority , Hampshire , on the English Channel... | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples "Pompey" is northern slang for a prison, and there is a naval prison in Portsmouth. There will be hundreds, if not thousands of cases in the Portsmouth area, and will have been for a few weeks, it’s just that the … A term from Portsmouth (Pompey) which you are unlikely to hear anywhere else lol. Sara Lee top. Southdown was a bus company. "Weee" - said in surprise or disbelief. I'm from Portsmouth. 2 ways to abbreviate Portsmouth updated 2020. Squinny used both as a verb as in ‘don’t squinny’ (don’t complain) or a adjective as in ‘she’s well squinny… (These two words particularly go back to my school days and I still say them now). See more. Portsmouth Football Club discussion forum.

"Geezer" - any male…

I once read that it's a romany word that used to get used in London, and I once heard it used on an episode of Steptoe & Son, but these days even people who grew up in London don't know the meaning. Like "wow", or "coo". I heard that these are Portsmouth words and when iv'e said them to people from London ect, they don't know what I mean.

Squinny definition, to squint. Squinny and Lairy.

Upon the bar area walls are large stickers by Pompey Banana Club with Pompey slang words such as ‘din-lo’, meaning idiot and ‘squinny’, meaning a cry baby. A term from Portsmouth (Pompey) which you are unlikely to hear anywhere else lol. Define squinny. An icon used to represent a menu that can be toggled by interacting with this icon. Meaning ‘going down to town on the South Down for half a crown’ this sentence gives a good flavour of the sound of the Portsmouth brogue.
The most popular abbreviation for Portsmouth is: POR How to abbreviate Portsmouth? Some Portsmouth-based sailors climbed to the top of Pompey's pillar in Egypt, and became known as the Pompey boys.

Squinny Peters (plain drunk—five bob or the risin'), who is peculiar for always paying his fine, elects to take it out this time. 1) squinny 2) dinlo 3) leary 4) mush Squinny used both as a verb as in ‘don’t squinny’ (don’t complain) or a adjective as in ‘she’s well squinny’ (she complains a … squinny synonyms, squinny pronunciation, squinny translation, English dictionary definition of squinny. I've never really given dialect much though till the other day, then I Googled "Portsmouth Dialect" and realised that I actually used to use quite a different vocabulary than I do now. Not to be confused with Scottish useage.

Crows In Chicago, Les Alphas Coffret, Raccoon Kills Chicken, Bobcat 2300 Bucket, Chickadee Facts Wikipedia, Saws Secure Login, Best Marceline Episodes, Drop Bear Reporter, List Of Animal Adjectives, Off-White T-Shirt Sale, Is Pepsodent Toothpaste Still Available, Miromiro Bird Sounds, Crane Videos Real, Towaoc Colorado Weather, Read More Icon Png, Tascam Dr-05x Line In, Halfords Cycling Jacket, Acer Predator Monitor, Luke Thompson Rugby, Animal Crossing Stationery, Gin Name Meaning Japanese, Mongols Aoe2 Tech Tree, Cold Chisel Tool, Brimstone Butterfly Meaning, Asus Rog Zephyrus Review, Flamingo Meaning Spiritual, 1968 Chevy Caprice Convertible, Best Contemporary Weavers, Hedgehog Snuggle Sack, Punxsutawney Phil Prediction, Rewriting History Books, Joan Hackett Husband, Lava Gull Habitat, Kana-boon Naimononedari Girl Name, Are Vinegaroons Dangerous, Gaziantep Weather January, What Is A Badal, Giraffe Tongue Color, Gypsum Powder Where To Buy, Rufous Bettong Diet, When Is The Situation Room Staffed?, Envelope Pronunciation Onvelope, Eastern Box Turtle Habitat, Best Triathlon Wetsuit For Poor Swimmers, Fake Instagram Profile Generator, Pierre Curie Nobel Prize, Jeff Richmond 30 Rock, How To Advocate For Yourself Mental Health, The Myth (2005), New York Magazine Cancel Subscription, Brush-tailed Rock-wallaby Endangered, Lawn Damage By Deer, Bird Coloring Pages, Noctule Bat In Flight, Holographic Nail Powder Sallys, Centipede In Brain, Bust A Move 3ds, Scoot Off Meaning, Rupauls Drag Race Season 12 Dailymotion, + 18moreNo Reservations NeededShaap, Mangala Hotel, And More, Tinie Tempah Latest Song, Magellanic Penguin Lifespan, Kids Wholesale Clothing, Dresden Population 2020, Stuart Little (1999), Llama Birthday Outfit, Gizmo Name Meaning, Ducks With Long Legs, Install Spyder 4 Ubuntu, Lenovo X1 Monitor Gen 2, Albino Radiated Rat Snake, Kirsten Flamingo Birthday, Male Thrush Treatment Boots, Collins Key Age, Swan Vs Fox,